Lambda Pi Brothers of 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s:
Great News! Your BOG has your Lambda Pi Alumni Association in GREAT financial shape! They have paid off the house, and the rental income from the house continues to grow the Association’s account.
Your BOG has decided to throw a huge reunion party in Chico the first weekend in May to celebrate the 70th anniversary of Lambda Pi’s founding at Chico State in 1944.
Many alumni feel this event will be an important reunion as we are all unfortunately getting older and we have lost a number of great brothers recently. Therefore we need to get together sooner rather than later and share our Lambda Pi memories.
So mark your calendar to be in Chico May 2-3, 2014, as we will have golfing, brotherhood, memories, and a huge reunion party at the Butte Creek Country Club.
NOTE: The BOG has designated the first Saturday in EVERY May as the date for our annual Alumni meeting and reunion (note that is mysteriously coincides witth the weekend Pioneer Week was held every year). So also mark your calendar to be in Chico the first Saturday of EVERY May. You can even mark it in your Outlook calendar as a reoccuring event every first Saturday in May.
- Friday, May 2, 2014
- 1:00 PM: Golf Tournament at Butte Creek Country Club ($70 includes cart)
- 6:00 PM: Traditional Beer and Burgers at The Oasis Bar & Grill
- Saturday, May 3, 2014
- 8-10 AM: Open time (breakfast with brothers, walk through the campus, visit Bidwell Park, etc.)
- 10:30 – 12:30PM: Annual Lambda Pi Alumni Meeting & Lunch at La Hacienda Restaurant. (Lunch included. Paid for by BOG.)
Important: Once a year we meet to update you about your association, plan our future and elect officers. PLEASE plan to attend this important meeting for the future of Lambda Pi Alumni; it is only held once a year and there will be lots of fellowship (and we won’t ask you for any money).
- 1:30 PM: Open for mini-reunions at Holiday Inn, visit campus & Lambda Pi Bench neaer the Rose Garden.
- 6:00 PM: Reunion Happy Hour Hosted by BOG at Butte Creek Country Club. All Lambda Pi Alumni, spouses, dates, friends of Lambda Pi, etc.
- 7:00 PM: BBQ Dinner, Music & Dance – 70th Anniversary Party at Butte Creek Country Club. $20 per person. Includes happy huor, dinner, music and dance to live music from all decades!
BOG has 50 rooms reserved at Holiday Inn, Chico. A party bus will be available to take alumni to and from the hotel and the Butte Creek Country Club on Saturday Night. More info to follow and how to register.
Lambda Pi Website
www.lambda-pi.org (be sure to insert the dash)
The BOG is having the website updated. It should be finished in about 8 weeks. The old Member’s list is up and active. PLEASE update your contact info on the website ASAP so we can send you updates via email. Click Member’s List on the left side of the home page. Then click Update/Change your contact info. Scroll down to your namea nd then scroll over to the far right column of your listing and click Update to make changes. Click Update to save changes.
Important: Please update contact info on the website for fellow brothers for whom you have their current info. This will help us reach more almns as we will use this Members List on the website to send out emails.
How Can You Help?
- Call three, four or more of your Pi brothers and invite them to attend as we may not have their contact info.
- Organze a “Road Trip” to Chico with your brothers.
- For our planning, please send us an email if you think you’ll attend; also include the names of brothers (if any) you plan to contact.
- Send an email to us with the name of your favorite Rock n’ Roll song from your Pioneer Week memories. We will add it to our list of songs to play at the reunion.
Special Note: If you know a brother whom this event might be a financial stretch, let me know as we have brothers who are willing to help when needed. We want everyone to attend.
We’ve got a great group coming and are looking forward to seeing you. Make those calls to your brothers now and let’s get the party going. It’s only 8 months away! More info will follow.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Mike Strand – Fall, 1964 at email@example.com or call (214) 912-3635.
PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT TO ALL LAMBDA PI ALUMNI
PS. If you would like to help with the reunion, please contact me. In addition to the BOG, Carl Martellaro, Wayne Tarr, And Ed Kimball have already volunteered to help with pieces of the planning. Please send me an email if you think you will make the reunion and include your favorite song and your favorite photos of your Lambda Pi days so we can include them in the website and reunion.